Bike & Walk
Biking and walking to work are great ways to reclaim your day. Not only will you be saving money, you’ll also be getting exercise.
- If it’s been awhile since you’ve ridden your bike, there are some essential first steps before heading out on your first bike commute. These first steps include tuning up your bike, planning an effective route and familiarizing yourself with Florida’s bicycle traffic regulations (Florida Statute 316.2065).
- Many resources are available to help prepare you for your bike commute. One resource is Cycling Savvy, a three-part course on traffic cycling safety.
- Commute Connector also offers a one-hour Bike Safety Training course at worksites. Interested in scheduling an on-site course at your workplace? Fill out a contact form or call (866) 585-RIDE (7433) today.
- Depending on your distance to work, walking can be a great option for your commute. Comfortable shoes and a shower/locker room at work will make walking more feasible, especially in the Florida heat.
- Your safety is always the most important aspect of commuting to work. Get familiar with Florida Statute 316.130, which outlines pedestrian traffic regulations.
- Important walking law tips: If there’s a sidewalk, you should use it. If there’s no sidewalk, walk facing traffic.
- Want to learn more? Check out WalkWiseFlorida.com.