|Construction Cost:||$5 million|
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), District One, is designing improvements on SR 31 at CR 74 (Bermont Road) Intersection in Charlotte County.
The primary goal of the SR 31 improvements consist of reconstructing the signalized intersection and replace it with a roundabout that will enhance connectivity, circulation, and safety.
Benefits of Roundabouts
• Traffic Safety – Reduces injury crashes by 76%
• Traffic Calming – Reduces vehicle speeds
• Operational Performance – Reduces overall delay
• Operations and Maintenance – Reduces costs
• Environmental Factors – Roundabouts are environmentally friendly
• Aesthetics – Can act as a gateway
Project schedule information will be uploaded to the project website for review when it becomes available.
SR 31 Roundabout at CR 74 Schedule
Notice to Proceed – February 2020
Phase I Plans – Fall 2020
Phase II Plans – Spring 2021
Phase III Plans – Fall 2021
Phase IV Plans – Winter 2023
Final Plans – Spring 2024
Estimated Construction Start Date
Estimated Construction Cost