The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) District One is improving Interstate 4 (I-4) in Polk County. The I-4 resurfacing projects consist of milling and resurfacing the interstate, upgrading/replacing guardrail, installing new signing and roadway pavement markings, upgrading shoulder sections, and installing vehicle detection systems and traffic monitoring sites. The overall resurfacing program includes five individual projects listed below and illustrated on the overall location map (in the project images below). The first project to start construction on I-4/SR 400, from US 98/SR 35 to SR 33, began January 5, 2021 with the last tentatively scheduled to start in Fiscal Year 2024/2025. This is one segment of the five projects of I-4/SR 400 Resurfacing Projects.
- I-4/SR 400 from Hillsborough County Line to Galloway Road (this project, segment A on overall location map)
- I-4/SR 400 from Galloway Road to US 98/SR 35
- I-4/SR 400 from US 98/SR 35 to SR 33
- I-4/SR 400 from SR 33 to CR 557/Old Grade Rd
- I-4/SR 400 from CR 557/Old Grade Road to Osceola County Line
* The overall I-4 resurfacing project stretches from Hillsborough County Line to Osceola County Line.