The Florida Department of Transportation is resurfacing Recker Highway from Coleman Road to Avenue G NW in Polk County. In addition to the improvements listed below, crews will add conduit underground just beyond the project limits, from Avenue G NW to CR 542 (K-Ville Avenue).
- Mill and resurface the roadway
- Mill and resurface side street entrances
- Widen the entrance to Sidney Circle
- Restripe crosswalks at Avenue G NW, Spirit Lake Road and Coleman Road
- Upgrade signal equipment
- Improve Drainage
- Add additional lighting at intersections
- Place conduit from SR 542 East to CR 542 West to connect the signals
|For Media Inquiries Only|
Watch for nighttime/overnight lane closures at Spirit Lake Road for asphalt work and daytime shoulder closures and traffic shifts for shoulder work, signals, and punch list items. Use caution and be prepared to merge or stop.