445469-1 SR 655 (Recker Highway) from south of Coleman Road to CR 542 E (Avenue G NW)
|Limits:||south of Coleman Road to CR 542 E (Avenue G NW)|
|Construction Cost:||$4.5 million|
|Start of Current Phase:||Early 2023|
|Est. Completion of Current Phase:||Late 2023|
The Florida Department of Transportation is resurfacing Recker Highway from Coleman Road to Avenue G NW in Polk County. In addition to the improvements listed below, crews will add conduit underground just beyond the project limits, from Avenue G NW to CR 542 (K-Ville Avenue).
- Mill and resurface the roadway
- Mill and resurface side street entrances
- Widen the entrance to Sidney Circle
- Restripe crosswalks at Avenue G NW, Spirit Lake Road and Coleman Road
- Upgrade signal equipment
- Improve Drainage
- Add additional lighting at intersections
- Place conduit from SR 542 East to CR 542 West to connect the signals
|For Media Inquiries Only|
Watch for periodic daytime and nighttime/overnight lane closures and traffic shifts at the intersections as crews work on signals and shoulder grading. Use caution and be prepared to merge or stop.