The Florida Department of Transportation is modifying the intersection of US 17 and Crystal Beach Road in Eagle Lake. The changes are designed to enhance traffic flow and improve safety. Access will remain for northbound and southbound drivers on US 17 making right or left turns onto Crystal Beach Road, but the median will be modified to improve that access. Project Improvements include:
- Closing the full median opening and building a directional median opening for drivers turning left to and from northbound US 17 at Crystal Beach.
- Adding a northbound acceleration lane to help motorists making a left turn from Crystal Beach Road merge onto US 17 northbound.
- Widening the southbound right turn lane from US 17 onto Crystal Beach Road and separating it from the travel lanes providing a better view for motorists on Crystal Beach Road.
- Removing the southbound left turn lane and resurfacing the southbound lanes within the project limits.
- Replacing lighting and improving drainage features on the west side of US 17.
Documents and Publications