This Project Development and Environment (PD&E) study evaluated potential impacts that may result from improving Combee Road (State Road 659) from US 98 to North Crystal Lake Drive. The study developed alternatives that considered all social, economic, and environmental effects.
The purpose of this project is to enhance safety and multimodal access through a series of complete street strategies. Improvements such as sidewalks, safer pedestrian crossings, bicycle facilities, drainage, and lighting were evaluated to enhance the corridor for all types of users.
On September 2, 2022, the Florida Department of Transportation approved the Type II Categorical Exclusion for Combee Road (State Road 659). The project will now proceed to the next phase of development. For questions about future phases (design, right-of-way acquisition, and construction), please contact Ryan Weeks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click to view the Approved Type II Categorical Exclusion
Click to view the Location and Design Concept Acceptance (LDCA) notice
There are no scheduled meetings at this time. Please check back frequently for updates.
FDOT held a public hearing (online and in-person) on November 18, 2021. Although the hearing comment period is officially closed, an online copy of the materials and technical documents are still available below.
- Combee Rd Public Hearing Handout English
- Combee Rd Public Hearing Handout Spanish
- Combee Rd Public Hearing Video Presentation
- Combee Rd Public Hearing Crash History Board
- Combee Rd Public Hearing Evaluation Matrix Board
- Combee Rd Public Hearing Feedback Board
- Combee Rd Public Hearing Project Funding Board
- Combee Rd Public Hearing Roundabouts Board
- Combee Rd Public Hearing Project Schedule Board
- Combee Rd Public Hearing Section 4(f) Board
- Combee Rd Public Hearing Thank You Board
- Combee Rd Public Hearing Title VI Board
- Combee Rd Public Hearing Typical Sections Board
- Combee Rd Public Hearing Welcome Board
These links include all materials presented at the hearing.
Please note that the comment period for this hearing is now closed.
Technical Documents for Review
The project's technical documents are available below in addition to the hearing materials linked above. Click on the report titles to view the documents.
Type II Categorical Exclusion
Summary document of all work done to date.
Preliminary Engineering Report
Summary document outlining the technical and financial needs of the project.
Cultural Resources Assessment Survey (CRAS)
Discusses any cultural resources within the project area.
Natural Resources Evaluation (NRE)
Discusses species, critical habitat, wetlands, and Essential Fish Habitat within the project area.
Noise Study Memorandum
Details of the noise analysis completed to date.
Water Quality Impact Evaluation
Identifies and evaluates potential water quality impacts for the project.
Location Hydraulics Report
Analyzes potential short and long-term impacts to the 100-year floodplain.
Pond Siting Report
Evaluates stormwater management facilities within the project area.
Contamination Screening Evaluation Report
Identifies and evaluates known or potential contamination and discusses possible project impacts.
Project Traffic Analysis Report
Identifies and discusses possible project impacts to current and future traffic.
You must have the Adobe® Acrobat® Reader properly installed on your computer in order to view and print the following documents. If you do not have Adobe® Acrobat® Reader, download a free copy here. Please follow the manufacturer's instructions for installing and using this software. Some of these files are large and may take several minutes to download.
Newsletter #1 - August 2018
Newsletter #2 - February 2019
Newsletter #3 - October 2020
Newsletter #3 - October 2020 (Spanish)
August 23, 2018 Public Kick-off Meeting
• Combee Rd Kickoff Handout (English)
• Combee Rd Kickoff Handout (Spanish)
• Combee Rd Kickoff Survey (English)
• Combee Rd Kickoff Survey (Spanish)
• Combee Rd Kickoff Roll Plot (Aerial View)
• Combee Rd Kickoff Project Funding Board
• Combee Rd Kickoff Project Schedule Board
• Combee Rd Kickoff Project Title VI Board
• Combee Rd Kickoff Project Meeting Comments Board
• Combee Rd Kickoff Project Welcome Board
• Combee Rd Kickoff Project Thank You Board
March 7, 2019 Public Meeting
• Combee Rd Public Meeting Handout English
• Combee Rd Public Meeting Handout Spanish
• Combee Rd Public Meeting Video Presentation
• Combee Rd Public Meeting Project Schedule Board
• Combee Rd Public Meeting Evaluation Matrix Board
• Combee Rd Public Meeting Project Funding Board
• Combee Rd Public Meeting Feedback Board
• Combee Rd Public Meeting Typical Section Board
• Combee Rd Public Meeting Project Aerial Board
November 12, 2020 Virtual Workshop
Click on this link to view what was presented at the virtual workshop during the 21-day review and comment period (November 12, 2020 through December 3, 2020). Please note that the comment period for this workshop is officially closed, but you can still make comments for the general project record through the Email Updates page.
• Virtual Public Workshop Summary
FDOT solicits public participation without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, or family status.
The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried-out by FDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. § 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated December 14, 2016, and executed by FHWA and FDOT.
The Combee Road PD&E began in spring 2018 and is estimated to be completed by fall 2022. The project activities include data collection, development of trail improvement alignments and evaluation of potential social and environmental impacts in the community. Environmental surveys and development of the improvement alignments are currently underway. Click here to see the schedule.